Thursday, June 1, 2017

Journal Entry #1

I have been thinking about journaling for several months now, but never have. 

Mawma has been telling me since the girls were very little to write down the cute things they do and say and keep a record of them because I will forget it in fifty years. Boy, was she right! I know there are so many things I should have documented and never did that I would love to reminisce about now and even later in life.  

I also started thinking seriously about journaling after Sue Vaughn, at church, mentioned keeping an answered prayer journal. She said it will amaze you how many answered prayers you have to thank God for everyday. I shared this idea with Mom and she agreed, but I have yet to begin keeping one...

Then today, while on the way to Goodyear in Frankfort (to repair a slow leak and my tire, which resulted in 4 new tires) I heard David Jeremiah on the radio sharing about journaling and how much of a difference it made in his life. He shared some practical points about not just writing your thoughts down, but also going back and reviewing your journals at the end of each month or every 6 months. He mentioned how he could see patterns in his prayer requests and answered prayers and also gained so much perspective on how God was working in his life. 

So, I thought that I could finally take a hint and so here I am. Journal entry number one!


At this very moment, 12:17am, June 1, 2017, Elizabeth has a stuffy nose and a cough. I have given her zarbees nighttime medicine, but lavendar on her feet, and in her diffuser, put a mixture of coconut oil, lavendar, and peppermint oil on her chest and she is still awake coughing and peeing and coming out of her room to see what I am doing... She went to bed at 8pm, but is wide awake now. I don't know how she has so much energy... I am ready for bed. Especially because I have to get up at 5:30am when Donald goes to work. I am having a hard time getting Elizabeth to truly listen and follow directions. She is a very good and sweet girl, but she expects to get her way and do what she wants all the time and I am trying to NIP IT immediately. I dont want her to turn out to be ungrateful and hateful, when I know she is not truly that way.

Answered Prayers:
  • Safety with a slow leak in our tire
  • Ability to pay for four new tires
  • Donald able to come and get us from goodyear
  • home, cars, healthy children
  • hard working, christian husband
  • loving parents and grandparents
  • ability to be a sahm
  • amazing vacation to orange beach with safe travels to and from
Prayers:
  • Donald's job situation (either get hired at toyota or get a good job that will allow us to move closer to family - build dream home on Richard's property)
  • Anna's kidney reflux
  • Donald's health
  • Cornerstone Christian for Elizabeth?
  • Elizabeth's cold/allergies
  • Me, to be more patient with Elizabeth and Anna and teach them, not yell at them

No comments:

Post a Comment