Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Breast Cancer Support Scarf Pattern

I saw the pattern for this scarf on Knitting Daily on KET:
http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/30977.aspx




·        Use all 5 yarns together for the entire project.
·        Cut the fringe first – cut 30 10” pieces. You will want 15 pieces for each end of the scarf: 5 sets of fringe on each end of the scarf – and each set is comprised of 3 “pieces”. Remember, each “piece” is actually 5 strands held together.
·        Using US 19 needles, cast on 9 stitches.
·        K1, *YO, K2TOG; repeat from * to end of row.
·        Follow every row until you almost run out of yarn.
·        Bind off.
·        Attach fringe – 5 sets of fringe on each end of the scar – and each set is comprised of 3 “pieces”.
Note: You will have some yarn left over. Try knotting it all together – end to end – and knitting another scarf – you’ll have created a one-of-a-kind project!

The video and pattern above suggests holding five different yarns together, but on the scarf below, I held two yarns and knitted with US 15 (10mm) needles.



I have used this pattern several times. Here is a scarf I made using three strands of pink yarn of different shades and textures. I used size US 15 (10mm) needles for this scarf.


Here is another scarf I made using US 9 (5.5mm) and one strand of worsted weight yarn. You can see what a difference the needle size makes on the look of this scarf.


No comments:

Post a Comment