Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Potato Chip Scarf

This is the Potato Chip Scarf that I made for my sister-in-law. I got the pattern from another blog post: http://www.oceanwavesquilts.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/02/potato-chip-scarf.html

I used Red Heart Royal Shimmer and Snow Shimmer yarn.
http://www.redheart.com/search/apachesolr_search/shimmer

I held both strands of yarn together and followed the pattern below. I used size US 9 (5.5mm) needles. The next time I knit this scarf again while holding two strands of yarn, I will use larger needles. This turned out nice, but it is a little tight. Also, it takes at least three to four inches before you see the ruffle start to form.



You need around 200 yards of a worsted weight yarn
Size 9,10, or 11 needles (depending on the size of your yarn)
Cast on 20 stitches
Row 1: knit 8, turn, knit back to beginning
Row 2: knit 6, turn, knit back to beginning
Row 3: knit 4, turn, knit back to beginning
Knit across all 20 stitches
Repeat these rows until desired length is reached
Bind off as usual

No comments:

Post a Comment